Gypsum board commonly known as drywall is the premier building material for wall, ceiling and partition system in residential, institutional and commercial structures. It provides a monolithic surface when joints and fastener heads are covered with a joint treatment system.
Gypsum board can be classified into two;
(i) Regular gypsum board; it refers to a gypsum board with natural occuring fire resistance from the gypsum in the core.
(ii) Type X gypsum board; its a gypsum board with special core additives to increase the natural fire resistance of Regular gypsum board.
Gypsum ceiling is a product of Gypsum board or dry wall, it has lots of advantage over many other ceilings;
- gypsum ceiling provides sound control ( Accostics)
- gypsum ceiling is versatile ( i.e. it can be used in many places and form)
- gypsum ceiling has quality
- gysum ceiling is convenience and
- gypsum ceiling is fire resistant.
GYPSUM CEILING DESIGN IDEAS
Keep yourself updated with new design, ideas,posts and newsletter from us by adding your email here then press subscribe. Don’t miss out!