- There are many ways you can Reduce cost of electricity bill in your home.
4 ways to reduce energy bill
(1) Appliance and Electronics;
Purchase energy-efficient products and operate them efficiently.choosing appliances that are Energy-efficient can save you lot of money, like fridges,freezers, television, washing machine, dishwasher,water heater, air-condition, Etc. Always check “Energy-efficiency” rating of any appliances before buying them to save you money during the lifetime of the appliance.
Switching to energy-efficient lighting is one of the fastest way to cut your energy bills by replacing your home lights with most frequently used lights fixtures or bulbs model that has energy-efficient.you have many choices to make in energy-efficient lighting, but most popular light bulbs available are halogen incandescents, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and light- emitting diodes ( LEDs). Although they can cost more than traditional incandescents bulbs when buying but during their lifetime, energy-efficient bulbs will save you money because they use less energy.
*Use an advanced power strip to reduce “Vampire loads” ( i.e electricity that is wasted when electronics are not in use).
* Use timers and photoscells: it save electricity by turning lights off when not in use. Photoscells are sensors that allow you to detect light for example you might want a sensor that detects when a flashlight is on, or when the sun is out. Photoscells are used in automatic night lights and in street lamps that turn themselves on at night.
(4) Energy-efficient home design;
* Incorporate passive solar design concepts into your house. Passive solar design refers to the use of the sun’s Energy for the heating and cooling of living spaces by exposure to the sun,when sunlight strikes a building, the building materials can reflect, transmit, or absorb the solar radiation.
* Orientation of building: it refers to the positioning of a building in relation to seasonal variation in the sun’s path as well as prevailing wind patterns. Good Orientation can increase the energy-efficiency of your house, making it more comfortable to live in and cheaper to run.Us journal on energy department.
Keep yourself updated with new design, ideas, posts and newsletter from us by adding your email here then press subscribe. Don’t miss out!